The days are long, but the years are short.
Eliza had her first birthday and I honestly do not see where the time has gone. She is doing more and more each day and I still get so surprised and how she has grown. She now weighs 18 lbs and 15 oz. She is still short. The Dr said she acts closer in age to a 15 month old and I cannot disagree. She now says "baby" and every once in a while you can catch her dancing to something. This week I had my first experience with little fingers underneath the door, she was just letting me know that that door needed to open ASAP. Her fingers were barely long enough to reach the other side. haha We are pretty much over baby food, except for a few items. She would rather just try what we are having. I prefer this because I am usually too tired to be creative. She LOVES fish sticks. She just started eating ham and chicken this week. She also likes cheese and all kinds of bread.
We are spending more time outside, and for her birthday we got her a little swing and a water play table. I have since ordered swim/water shoes and a water resistant smock for when she plays on the table. I had the brilliant idea to put it on the porch, which is good because it is one place she can be completely confined and I do not have to worry about her eating rocks, or coming across a snake. However, she goes on the porch several times a day and wants to play in the water every time - oh well. She has found a new thing to drive me crazy - which is to get a stick and repeatedly put it in the water and then put it in her mouth. SO MANY GERMS...EWWW. I know there are so many more updates - but I just can't remember them all!
We have been practicing with muffins and Eliza did not disappoint with her cupcake smashing skills. I did however mess up and had the cake before presents, so she had to open gifts with just her undies on. haha I also made a little banner for her highchair and she destroyed it in two seconds.









No comments:
Post a Comment