Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Eliza and Sweet Pea

Back Row - Daniel, Eliza, Mike, Roseann and Matt
Front Row - Marcia, Chuck and Holly


So earlier this month we were so excited because Dan's brother Matt, SIL Roseann and nephew Mike came down from NJ for a visit.  The weekend just wasn't long enough and we had so much fun seeing everyone again. I was sure Eliza would love everyone and her energy was even more over the top with an audience.  I am sorry that she was mostly just a whirling tornado of destruction.  I promise she is a sweet little girl who is normally slightly less destructive.  You will notice that she is blurry in most of the pictures I got.

Mike was so patient and played with Eliza the whole time.  She would not leave his side for a minute! We even had to take her into another room just so Mike could eat a meal in peace.

Eliza almost immediately started calling Mike "TP" and we could not figure out what she was saying.  I don't even call toilet paper "TP" and we had given up trying to guess.  Then we were putting Eliza to bed later that night and Dan called her "Sweet Pea"and I realized that was what she had been saying all day to Mike.  Sure enough the next day she was calling him TP again, but was enunciating it closer to Sweet Pea than the day before.  We still do not know why she chose to call him that, but stories like that are why I have this blog.  I don't want to forget the little things like how Mike is her Sweet Pea.



Sweet Pea and Eliza



 We were trying to get a picture and Matt was showing Mike how to hold Eliza.  This was so funny because Eliza would just start kicking every time her feet were lifted off the ground.  As soon as she noticed us laughing there was no way she would stop.  haha


She was still for an ice cream break and Paw Patrol on tv. 



All smiles when the ice cream was being handed out. 



We were so happy to have them visit and can't wait until we all get together again!

No comments:

Post a Comment