![]() |
| First Dance Class |
Sometimes my mind goes completely blank as I start my post. I forget so much so fast! Anyway, Eliza is doing great and is as crazy as ever. We are starting a Mommy & Me dance class. The first one did not go that great because it was all new. We have been practicing and I hope she will stay more focused, but it is hard at her age and we are starting her super early. We chose dance because she taught herself to twirl by watching little Disney dance videos, plus she spends most of the day walking around on tip-toes because she wants to be able to see every opportunity to be destructive that she can. You might think her outfit is over the top, but she was dressed very simply compared to the other girls. haha
She has probably averaged 1 to 2 new words, each day, this week. That is just what I am catching. The other night we were counting something and every time I said "One" she said "Two". Of course she has no idea what it means, but it was surprising. She also was saying "Momma, Momma, Momma", so I was saying "Eliza, Eliza, Eliza" and she said "Hisa". I wondered how hard it would be for her to say her name (I gave the poor thing an "E" and a "Z"), so I think she did very well. She is also saying "cheese" and pointing at the cheese drawer every time we open the fridge. We are now giving her tiny pieces of cheese because sometimes she wants to eat the cheese and sometimes she just wants to say "cheese". Some days are more expensive than others.
Speaking of food. She loves chicken noodle soup (I give it to her with very little broth), and when she finishes she likes to drink the broth and say "aahhh". I am also very upset because her favorite snack pouch is no longer being made. I am trying to buy it everywhere I see it left. She loves the Apricot and Sweet Potato flavor, but they are replacing it with Apricot, Sweet Potato and Banana. She would eat 2 a day if she could, I am going to keep trying to get her to switch to the new version, but it is hard because it has an orange color on the packaging instead of red. No joke this is the problem, not the taste. She still loves all fruit and has an apple everyday.
![]() |
| This makes me laugh, it looks like she was trying to start her bike. |
You might remember the saga that our Magnolia Jane tree has been. We planted it for Eliza and it has gone through a lot (mostly damage from deer) and we thought we had to wait another year to see exactly what the blooms would look like. Well this week we got a bloom! We were very excited (evidently it doesn't take much), but this tree should bloom in the cooler spring and it didn't take long for the sun to burn it up. It didn't even last an entire day when the bloom opened.
The heat has been ridiculous here. I think the daily average is 12 degrees above last year and with the heat index we are over 100 almost every day for the last several weeks. So when we do go outside it is early in the morning, or to play in the water. Some days we don't go out at all because it is that hot and humid, I am looking forward to cooler weather.
Here is a video of Eliza's favorite saying right now:
In other news Daniel and I have been married for 10 years. That is pretty crazy to both of us. Time flies when you are having fun. I am so glad we haven't aged a day Bahahahha!
Special thanks to Patti for her editing of this photo with creepy Eliza hands at the bottom. LOL



No comments:
Post a Comment