Monday, July 13, 2015

Quick Update



A holiday weekend and 15 Month Check-up-date





So here is Eliza on the 4th of July.  Red, white and cute! We didn't really do much because it was hot and it is not very relaxing to battle crowds in the heat.  Besides, sticking to a bedtime every night makes my life easier. The weekend was filled with house projects and BBQ ribs, so not bad at all. 



She did not know this bow was in her hair.  I was super sneaky, but she knows something is up.  Hahahaha! I don't think she will ever let me do anything with her hair.  



For only the 2nd (maybe 3rd) time in her life I was able to lay her down during a nap.  Win! (of course I was too scared to walk away bc the floor creaks, but still)





Eliza at the splash pad.  She is eating her plain shaved ice. haha  She loves crushed ice from our fridge (she has a couple cups each day when we play outside), so this was a big hit.  I tried to give her a taste of mine, but she refused. 





This picture is an example of what I have to deal with.  I left her in the room for less than 2 minutes (it just so happened I looked at the clock before I walked out).  My purse was in her pack n play crib and evidently she wanted it.  My resourceful child flipped her laundry basket over and used it as a ladder to get inside the crib.  Her big reward was my sunglasses case, which she loves to take apart. How she learns to do so many new things so quickly is beyond me.  Later that same day she tried to close the bedroom door on me and do it again, but now I am on to her.  






She is loving this chicken leg.  She has tried so many new foods over the last week including burgers and hot dogs. She has not really been interested in meat before this and would eat fish sticks everyday if I would let her.  





She still loves boxes.  Luckily, I have plenty of things I need to order from Amazon.  Honestly, it is easier for me to order stuff from my phone and have it delivered in 2 days - because sometimes it takes me 3 days to make it to the store I need to go to.  haha 




Eliza now weighs a whopping 21 lbs exactly.  Her body is in the 40-50th percentile and her head is in the 83rd. hahaha  Right now she loves to take showers.  She doesn't mind getting her hair washed and just loves the water spraying down on her.  I guess it is different because when we wash her hair in the tub she tries to run away (yeah I know - it is a big tub, so technically she can kind of run away).  She loves watermelon, grapes, cantaloupe, fish sticks, grapes, apples (we share about 2 a day), cucumbers and cereal.  She is doing better drinking milk in the mornings and has no problem drinking water throughout the day.  She has taught herself how to twirl and is really good at it.  She also loves to survey a room on her tip-toes and the Dr suggested putting her in ballet.  ha! She is healthy and happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment