First, let me say that these pictures are in no particular order. I have had the sniffles since I got back home, so I just threw this together. Eliza had a lot of fun seeing everyone. We really had a jam packed visit, with little down time. There were several occasions where I did not get a picture I really wanted, because we were so busy socializing. There were also several occasions where I had no idea where Eliza was or who she was playing with. haha While Eliza napped in the car, between excursions, we would drive all around the county. I am glad we decided to visit in the spring, there was so much to see. The weather was great for the most part. I was surprised it was so much hotter than here in AR.
Second, the first picture is from today and I blame Patti for this. While at her house, Eliza learned that she can open the bottom drawer of the oven. I thought we were safe, but no she started messing with our drawer today. The baby proofing is never done. Rant over haha. I will try to put comments with each picture, so enjoy!
This is from our first night that we spent in Charlotte. This was probably the best thing to do, since we had a late flight in and did not want to risk a screaming-fest drive to Franklin that same day. The hotel had a nice walking area and pond that we strolled around. I love this picture because Daniel has perfectly captured what my entire life feels like since Eliza was born. haha
This was taken after a 2 hour flight home, turned out to be 3.5 due to delays. I had run through 90% of the distractions we bought before we even took off. Eliza was not this happy the whole time. At least she did not throw her zippy cup at a sleeping couple, like she did on the first flight. Although, there was a lady eating an apple behind us and I was surprised she didn't try to crawl over the seat and steal it. She eyed that lady like a hawk while she ate it. I guess it was not that bad because we still intend on going to FL later this year.
Eliza got lots of driving lessons since it was a rental car. This is cute because she was playing around and saw Daddy out the window. She thought it was really funny. However, it was not funny when she learned to do the front and rear window wipers and we did not know how to turn them off.
This is a series of 3 pictures Crystal Parker took, and they crack me up.
This is what travel with a baby looks like. The only thing missing is me pushing Eliza in the stroller. Leaving Charlotte I had to carry her, push the stroller, wear the car seat back-pack and hold my purse. That was tough.
Eliza learned that life on the farm is hard. I gave her water breaks.
Patti want a cracker? Someone was not appreciative of all the work I have been doing to teach Eliza to share her food (since her Daddy never learned to) haha.
The Parlier cousins picked up like they had never been separated. Eliza got to play with a real kitty cat and of course their dog Lily. Later we went to the Greenway playground and she insisted on running after this one puppy, I guess she thought all dogs were as friendly as Lily. haha
This one is cute.
Eliza also practiced driving a school bus. It is all fun and games until she honks the horn and gives everyone a heart attack. haha
This is a bunch of cousins. They were all really sweet and took Eliza down the slide several times. She thought they were all pretty cool.
Cristy has taught her kids how to pose for a picture. I was very impressed. They are a good looking bunch of kids.
One afternoon we were able to walk the Greenway a little. Eliza spent most of the time (she wasn't in the stroller) sitting on the side of the path and playing in the dirt. She loves any kind of gravel and dirt. We did take the opportunity to let her dip her toes in the Little Tennessee. She loved it.
Here are 3 generations of VanHooks. I think there is a picture of me with them, but I don't have a copy yet.
Wagon rides are the best!
I cropped myself out of this photo because my eyes were closed, and the two of them were so cute.
Life on the farm is not always hard work.

I think out of 20 pictures this is the only one where my eyes were not closed. haha
After VanHooks, I believe Eliza was the dirtiest she had ever been. This was also the night she climbed into the tub herself. I had turned around to take out my earrings and I found her like this. The water was not even warm and she nearly froze to death. She keeps trying to do this at home, but our garden tub is to high......this week.
Now Dan says that we have to buy one of these to. Please ignore the fact that my child does not have a helmet.
This...This is Eliza's happy place. She loves few things more than a breeze in her hair, a view of the outside, a box of Fruit Loops and a control panel to play with. She loved this spot in the hotel and would stand there for the longest time, or until the Fruit Loops ran out. I was not happy the day she lowered the temp to 67. I guess we need to pay better attention. I also left housekeeping a larger tip because she shoved a cracker into the grate and I could not clean it all out.
I know there is so much I am leaving out! We had fun, and as I start to forget how stressful and exhausting the travel was, it seems like more fun. haha
Thanks to everyone who adjusted their schedules to accommodate us and made special plans for us!




No comments:
Post a Comment