Saturday, October 18, 2014

A Special Family Tradition

I wanted to dedicate this blog to a family tradition.  When Eliza was born we bought a tree to plant in our yard.  Growing up I had my own tree in my grandparents yard and it is something I always wanted to do with my kids.  I thought that it was neat to have a tree that grew with me.  So I am posting this now because we wanted to make sure that it would survive before we documented it. We had a lot of trouble picking out a tree until I found one called a Magnolia Jane and that seemed perfect for Eliza Jane!


Mom, Dad & Eliza Jane by her Magnolia Jane

Well I am very glad we got that picture because a week later this happened: 





I was so sad to wake up my birthday morning and see this.  Evidently, some buck must have been showing off during the night and shredded the poor tree.  We have a serious deer problem here and purposely bought a deer resistant tree.  Well at least it didn't get eaten! We think it will survive, but now it lost the head start it had and Eliza might be able to catch up.  

I am hoping that we don't have to move again because it could get expensive having to plant trees everywhere.  haha

No comments:

Post a Comment