Saturday, October 18, 2014

6 Months Old & Much More.....


Lately,


I feel like everything is changing and I am behind on posts.  My baby is growing so fast that I honestly can't keep up.  She started crawling and got her first tooth on the same day, within a week she had her second tooth (both her little center bottom teeth).  I seriously may never get a picture, she is very good at hiding them.  haha  


You may say "Holly I didn't even know she was sitting up and now she is crawling".  I would have to reply "concerned friend she is not really sitting up, because sitting up means you have to stay still and that is too boring". 


Other Developments

She is also sleeping every night in her big girl crib in her bedroom.  Up until a few weeks ago she was in our room in a pack-n-play at night.  I had tried some sleep training, but she was getting up 4 times a night every night (during growth spurts it would be every hour).  I don't think she was ready for it before 5 months, but what we were doing was not working.  It is so wrong that most of your problem solving with babies must be done when you are the most exhausted.  I had purchased a baby video monitor months before and I decided it was time to move her into her room.  This monitor is really neat because it does not turn on the video unless it picks up noise from her, so it is not on constantly and I can sleep with it next to me.  Well the first night Eliza got up at her usual times and she whined and my monitor clicked on.   However, instead of escalating her cries she looked around and rolled over and went back to sleep.  I couldn't believe it I was having to nurse her back to sleep 4 times a night when she was in the same room, but since she didn't see me she decided to go back to sleep.  Ever since then she has slept every single night, through the night, besides a few whining episodes that last 30 seconds.  

I learned many lessons from this: 
  1. I didn't give Eliza the opportunity to show me that she was developmentally ready for her own room.  I wanted to keep her close to me for feedings because I was so tired that the idea of walking across the house to feed her filled me with dread.  She is getting much more sleep and is so much happier during the day.
  2. If you do not sleep train your child (and not all sleep training is evil), your child will sleep train you.  You do not want to be on your infants schedule - trust me.
  3. Eliza is a liar.  All those nights I was so worried about actually doing sleep training because I thought she was really hungry, and needed to eat, and I was so exhausted I couldn't even think straight - I want all that lost sleep time back!
  4. The cruel truth is that after having that schedule for so many months it would take several more weeks before I did not continue to wake up at the times I expected to have to nurse her. I still do every once in a while.

A 1/2 Birthday!



I decided to throw Eliza a 1/2 birthday party when she turned 6 months old.  I mostly did it because I was looking for an excuse to make a bunch of junk food (seriously).  There were 4 people present and no invitations were sent because I didn't want to share my goodies (seriously).  I also decided to make half a cake since it was a half birthday and it is much harder than making a whole one.  


Sure I have pictures with her eyes open, but they are not this cute!

I am so proud I held back on the decorating. 

Half a cake for half a birthday!

This was right before she tried to dive into the cake.

One of the few times her feet will be on the table.  haha

I thought this one was cute because she is non-stop

Getting every body part to focus is hard with her. lol

My sweetie (a few days before she started crawling)

She finally was still for a second, but no smile. haha


Bath time is a lot of fun for her and I am glad because she uses up a lot of energy before bed.  


This is the sneaky little mastermind that I have to match wits with each day.


The weather is starting to turn and Eliza got to wear her new hat on an evening walk.










No comments:

Post a Comment