Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday ever! Combining wonderful foods (that are special because they come around just once a year), with family time and not having to worry about presents - just makes it perfect! I made Eliza a little shirt with a free .pdf of a turkey, some iron on transfer paper and a little orange ribbon from the craft store. I think it turned out cute, but I bought a "My First Christmas Outfit" today. Well it was on sale and was cuter than what I could make anyway. haha
| Our Little Turkey |
As you can see I recently cut my hair. I am attempting to get myself into better shape and that was one drastic step towards this. I am currently going to the chiropractor twice a week to hold proper alignment in my neck and back - this prevents a lot of pain and migraines. However, this is not a long term solution - and not a cheap solution. I am also doing exercises each day, but having a rough and tumble baby makes everything more difficult. So, back to my hair - it occurred to me that the weight of my hair in a pony tail might be stressing out my neck muscles and since Eliza tries to rip it out when it is down - I just chopped it off. I think it really has helped and getting ready is so much faster in the mornings, so I really like it. Eliza just has to work harder to rip it out, and she usually succeeds.
We had to keep her hands busy the whole time, or the bow was coming OFF! haha
Eliza is growing so fast. She is starting to say Da Da and is finally sitting up! She is also pulling up on everything and we have had to implement the next level of baby proofing (perfect timing on her part since we have put up the Christmas tree). Her crib is now on the lowest level and I can barely reach low enough to put her to bed at night! Getting her to sleep past 5 in the morning is still hard, but she goes to sleep every night before 7. I really like having Daniel home this week because he will get up around 6 and I get to go back to bed. I am still having to hold her for naps, or just go for a drive around town (she sleeps longer when we do that). Trying to lay her down and have her immediately wake up - just isn't worth it.
We have also started to convert the extra bedroom into a play room because she has taken over the living room for long enough. We are also feeding her starter foods on a regular basis. She loves blueberry puffs and the only flavor of baby food she likes is pear ginger. We are going to keep trying vegetables and see what works! We are also slowly transitioning her out of the infant tub, but she is such a little dare devil that I am not going to try again until I get a spout cover. She is fine with it, but Mommy does not want the stress of "big girl" baths every night right now. The funniest thing is the face she makes when she does something new, and surprises herself. She has a "wow" moment every time she learns a new skill. I think it is cute when she gets so proud of herself - she thinks she is pretty neat and so do we!
We have also started to convert the extra bedroom into a play room because she has taken over the living room for long enough. We are also feeding her starter foods on a regular basis. She loves blueberry puffs and the only flavor of baby food she likes is pear ginger. We are going to keep trying vegetables and see what works! We are also slowly transitioning her out of the infant tub, but she is such a little dare devil that I am not going to try again until I get a spout cover. She is fine with it, but Mommy does not want the stress of "big girl" baths every night right now. The funniest thing is the face she makes when she does something new, and surprises herself. She has a "wow" moment every time she learns a new skill. I think it is cute when she gets so proud of herself - she thinks she is pretty neat and so do we!
![]() |
| "Helping" with the dishes |

No comments:
Post a Comment